Board of Directors
Emily Farnham Mastrianni
About Saratoga Arts
How does saratoga Arts engage and support artists?
Here’s the scoop: Saratoga Arts is all about artists!
320 of our members are artists who, with hundreds of non-member community artists in the region, contribute to, benefit from or participate in all of our program areas.
• Saratoga Arts presented 78 exhibitions last year. • Those exhibitions provided opportunities for 574 artists to show their work
• Artists earned nearly $12,000 in sales through Saratoga Arts’ exhibition programs last year, and more from sales they managed at Art in the Park.
Arts Education Program:
• Last year, 42 artists taught in our program
• 950 artists of all ages advanced their skills and explored a range of media in classes and workshops at The Arts Center last year.
First Night Saratoga:
• Saratoga Arts hired 61 bands last year that included many hundreds of individual musicians
• Just for First Night 2014, Saratoga Arts paid musicians nearly $60,000 for their work.
Grants for Artists and Arts Projects in Saratoga, Fulton, and Montgomery Counties
• 15 artists served on grant selection panels last year • 3 artists on grant program advisory committees
• Our grant programs paid out over $80,000 to artists and arts organizations last year
• Saratoga Arts has awarded nearly $1,000,000 in grants since these programs began!
Professional Development for Artists
• Last year, Saratoga Arts offered 9 seminars in 3 counties to prepare approximately 100 community artists and arts programmers to apply for our grants.
• Saratoga Arts also offered seminars on other topics last year including, Using Prezi to create unique presentations, arts marketing on a shoestring, health insurance for artists and Arts in Education + Curriculum Integration
Founded in 1986 by and for artists and audiences, Saratoga Arts is a non-profit arts service organization dedicated to developing and promoting a thriving year-round cultural environment in Saratoga-area communities. Since 1997, Saratoga Arts has renovated and operated The Arts Center at the corner of Broadway and Spring Street in Saratoga Springs. Here we welcome viewers to exciting art exhibits, stimulates students of all ages and skill levels in a wide variety of art classes and workshops, hosts thrilling public performances, and coordinates many programs that bring the arts to every corner of Saratoga. Directed by a professional staff and a volunteer Board of Directors, with support from many community volunteers, Saratoga Arts enriches the lives of those who live, work in, and visit Saratoga County; and has established itself as a vital force for the arts.
- Saratoga Arts has nearly 1,000 members of all ages and interests.
- The Arts Center, at 320 Broadway in historic downtown Saratoga Springs, is the home for arts education for all ages; an art gallery; a gift shop, a resource room overlooking Congress Park with art-related information; and a performance space for film, music, theater, and much more.
- Over 1,000 people visit our art gallery monthly.
- Over 950 people per year attend our classes.
- Audiences totaling over 20,000 attend programs sponsored by Saratoga Arts, throughout Saratoga, Fulton, and Montgomery Counties.
Since 1991, Saratoga Arts has awarded nearly $950,000 in grant funds to support community arts & cultural programming, and artist residencies in schools throughout Saratoga, Fulton, and Montgomery Counties.
Saratoga Arts is a non-profit organization committed to the development and promotion of a year-round cultural environment through the sponsorship and encouragement of all arts-related activities in the Saratoga Region.
|Many of the programs at Saratoga Arts are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.|