First Night Posters with art by Sharon Bolton:
$20/ $15 - First Night 2018
$10/ $5 - Previous First Nights
Need to Complete Your Button Collection?
$5 for buttons from 2008 to now and select previous years
First Night 5k Shirts:
$10- First Night 2018
$5- Previous First Nights
First Night Saratoga will be the highlight of your outgoing year!
Proceeds support the community arts programs at Saratoga Arts to help make the arts affordable and accessible to all.
First Night Saratoga wouldn't exist without the generous support of its sponsors. Their devotion to the communities of the Saratoga region make it possible for us to make the arts accessible to all. We would like to thank our First Night Saratoga 2017 sponsors!
Center Stage Sponsors
Showcase Sponsors Windows on Broadway
Doug Neil Insurance Agency Belmonte and Son
High Peak Sounds, Inc Cudney’s Launderers and Dry Cleaners
Hill Country Observer Four Winds
Miller Printing Northshire Bookstore
Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau Recovery Advocacy in Saratoga
Saratoga National Bank Saratoga’s Best
Hannaford Saratoga’s Community
Federal Credit Union
Thank you to The John Winter Family Fund for helping to sponsor our Kids in Free program. The legacy of John R. Winter, Jr. comes from his understanding that all young people have vast potential but that many youths need opportunities to encourage and foster the development of their God-given talent. Though his generosity in creating the John Winter Family Fund, he established a source that can be used to allow more participation in programs and events such as First Night Saratoga.
First Night Media Highlights
With information provided by last year's media sponsors and our own research, we estimate that nearly 2 million television viewers, radio-listeners, and newspaper readers in the greater Capital Region are exposed to the positive message of First Night Saratoga, with great exposure for our event sponsors.
- WNYT Channel 13, Albany: Two evening news stories, plus 30-second event promotion run through December
- WNYT: feature on “Live at Noon” and on “Forum 13”
- WNYT: ran a total of 185 spots promoting First Night w/ sponsors, delivering at least 1,990,000 impressions
- LOOK TV: First Night Coordinator featured in segments with a viewership of up to 108,000
- Live coverage by WNYT, WRGB, Fox23, NewsChannel10, Spectrum News and CBS6 on New Year’s Eve
- BowTie Cinemas: A promotional trailer in advance of feature films for the month of December
- WAMC: 32 drive time spots, each reaching about 8,200 listeners for a total of 262,4000 listeners
- WEXT-FM 97.7: daily drive time spots, live interviews with First Night Marketing Coordinator, live coverage night of.
- Empire Broadcasting (WABY-AM, WPTR-AM, WAIX-FM): 60 second spots on each station leading up to First Night.
- The Saratogian: Coverage before event with a circulation of 9,000
- The Schenectady Gazette: articles on featured artists and coverage before and after event. Circulation 47,000
- The Glens Falls Post Star: Articles on featured artists and coverage before and after event. Circulation 35,000
- The Albany Times Union: Articles and blog posts before and after event. Est. 128,565 in circulation.
- Saratoga Today: Articles on featured artists and coverage before and after event. Circulation 10,000.
- Saratoga Living Magazine: Full color 2 page ad + ½ page story in Holiday Issue
- Hill Country Observer
- The ALT
- Saratoga.com: a featured article in the slide show on the home page of Saratoga.com which links to an article containing event info and sponsors. Facebook and Twitter promotions that reach 20,000 fans. Highlighted as a “Best Bet”
- Nippertown: regional arts info website with up to 15,000 page views a week. Posts featuring acts.
What is First Night Saratoga?
One of the oldest and largest celebrations of its kind in the country:
- 15,000+ revelers;
- The 5k roadrace at Skidmore College;
- 30 venues throughout Historic Downtown Saratoga Springs;
- 70+ regional and touring acts performing live music, dance, comedy and magic from 6pm to midnight!
The most affordable, accessible, safe and exciting all-ages New Year's Eve event in the region:
- 9,000 admission buttons priced at $20 and under;
- Kids 12 and under are admitted for free;
- All venues are alcohol-free;
- Free CDTA bus service;
- Fireworks in Congress Park at midnight!