First Night, Saratoga takes 1st place in the BEST ANNUAL EVENT category!
First Night Posters with art by Sharon Bolton:
$20/ $15 - First Night 2017
$10/ $5 - Previous First Nights
Need to Complete Your Button Collection?
$5 for buttons from 2008 to now and select previous years
First Night 5k Shirts:
$10- First Night 2017, M and S only
$5- Previous First Nights
Proceeds support the community arts programs at Saratoga Arts to help make the arts affordable and accessable to all.
Free Bus Service & Parking
All First Night performances sites are within reasonable walking distance of eachother. While many people prefer the charm of strolling through Saratoga, free (and warm) bus transportation servicing performance sites run throughout the evening.
CDTA offers special Saratoga First Night transportation service on New Year's Eve, putting First Night revelers within easy walking distance of all of our venues. Attendees who show First Night buttons ride for free on all regular Saratoga bus routes and the two special shuttle routes from 4pm through 1am. All bus stops are marked with yellow FIRST NIGHT signs and arrive and depart every 15 minutes from all stops on the First Night downtown loop.
New This Year~
The best parking is on the street near your desired performance site. Off-street parking is available in the following lots:
- Woodlawn Avenue, between Division and Church Streets
- Church Street, at the corner of Woodlawn Ave.
- Broadway, between Lake Ave. and Grove St, across from Walton Street
- Parking garage at Putnam and Phila Streets
- Parking lot behind the Saratoga Springs Senior Center, at 5 Williams Street
- Park at the Wilton Mall and take the CDTA shuttle in
- Leave your car in place after the 5k roadrace at Skidmore
- Not a runner? Park at Skidmore after 6:45pm when the campus is opened back up to vehicles.
The Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce has created a Public Parking Map that shows all the lots and garages in downtown Saratoga Springs. You can find that here. There's a description of parking locations with some more information on the Saratoga Downtown Business Association's website here. Street parking is available too. Whereever you park, pay attention to posted time limits (which vary from location to location.)
What is First Night Saratoga?
One of the oldest and largest celebrations of its kind in the country:
- 15,000+ revelers;
- The 5k roadrace at Skidmore College;
- 30 venues throughout Historic Downtown Saratoga Springs;
- 70+ regional and touring acts performing live music, dance, comedy and magic from 6pm to midnight!
The most affordable, accessible, safe and exciting all-ages New Year's Eve event in the region:
- 9,000 admission buttons priced at $20 and under;
- Kids 12 and under admitted for free via GE Kids in Free Days;
- All venues are alcohol-free;
- Free CDTA bus service;
- Fireworks in Congress Park at midnight!
First Night Saratoga will be the highlight of your outgoing year!